Application Evaluation Process
Admission to the Master of Engineering Program in Autonomy and Robotics at Illinois
Admission into the M.Eng. in Engineering in Autonomy and Robotics Program is subject to the evaluations and recommendations given by a committee of faculty members. Qualified applicants will have their application reviewed based on the following criteria.
- Competitive GPA based on the last two years of their undergraduate degree.
- Display of a solid technical background to show the applicant is ready for graduate level coursework in this field.
- Demonstration of strong communication skills through written application materials, letters of recommendations, and TOEFL scores (for international students only). The TOEFL is required of all applicants whose native language is not English, regardless of U.S. citizenship. We will also accept IELTS score. For more information, please check English Proficiency Requirements.
- Strong letters of recommendations that highlight applicant’s leadership and communication skills as well as academic ability.
- Informative “Statement of Purpose” and “Resume” that explains applicant’s background, experiences, education and career goals, leadership, and attractions to the field of Autonomy and Robotics.
- Complete application, which means all application materials have to reach the department by the application deadline.
The admissions committee carefully reviews and evaluates all applicants.
All admission decisions will be communicated via email to the email address provided in applicant’s application. Additional certification or documentation may be required from applicants who are recommended for admission in order to process the admission recommendation with the Graduate College Admission Office.
Applicants who are recommended for admission will need to submit an official final transcript (which shows completion of all courses and degree awarded) upon final review by the Graduate College Admission Office.
Students are encouraged to visit the Office of Student Financial Aid as well as these external resources:
- University of Illinois Financial Aid Resources – www.osfa.illinois.edu/types-of-aid/international-students
- Financial Aid for International Students – www.edupass.org/finaid
- Institute of International Education – www.iie.org
- International Education Finance Corporation –www.ifc.org/wps/connect/corp_ext_content/ifc_external_corporate_site/home
- International Education Financial Aid – www.iefa.org
- International Students – www.internationalstudents.org
- International Scholarships – www.internationalscholarships.com/
How can we help you?
Our program coordinators can help you with questions about your graduate studies.